AMERICA’S GOVERNMENT shutdown has become the longest in history. Hundreds of thousands of federal workers remain either stuck at home or forced to work without pay. To reopen the government President Donald Trump is demanding $5.7bn for his border wall. Nancy Pelosi, who presides over the most polarised House of Representatives in recent memory, does not want to give it to him. Read our latest coverage here:
- How America’s government shutdown is affecting flyers
- Why don’t other countries’ governments shut down?
- President Trump may declare a national emergency over the wall
- How did the world's most powerful government become so dysfunctional?
- The effects of the shutdown on America
- Explainer: The president’s emergency powers
- Leader: How America’s shutdown ought to end