How I'm A Celebrity stars stop ITV from airing secret conversations 'We were told not to' | I'M A CELEBRITY stars often have to find several different ways to fill their time between trials while Down Under or in Wales' Gwyrch Castle. And now

How I'm A Celebrity stars stop ITV from airing secret conversations 'We were told not to'

How I'm A Celebrity stars stop ITV from airing secret conversations 'We were told not to'

  • By: express.co.uk
  • Views 2
0
Shared

Richard Madeley to make I'm A Celeb return as star addresses early exit? 'Never say never'

Is I'm A Celebrity on tonight? Will ITV air Monday's episode?

Phillip Schofield unveils health diagnosis as This Morning host addresses 'croaky' voice

NCIS' Diona Reasonover pays sweet tribute to Jimmy Palmer co-star after career change
BBC's Radio 4 taken off air as Today Programme thrown into chaos after staff evacuation
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
class="jw-player-container"> class="jw-player-title">I'm A Celeb: Ant and Dec in hysterics as Richard struggles in trial

BBC journalist Victoria Derbyshire has given ITV viewers an insight into how campmates were able to share their private life stories without fear they would be aired on the show. The TV broadcaster took part in last year's series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! which was also the first year where filming took place in North Wales following the COVID-19 travel restrictions. Victoria was in the castle alongside the likes of Jordan North and Giovanna Fletcher and has now revealed how their chats wouldn't be broadcast.

The TV presenter was the fourth celebrity to be eliminated but had previously opened up on how colleagues at the BBC weren't sure of her inclusion.

After successfully convincing the BBC that the show was a good idea for the current affairs presenter, integrity was important for all celebrities.

And in order to avoid any conversations which Victoria may not have wanted to air, she revealed campmate Shane Richie had the trick.

Writing in The Mirror the contestant from last year said: "If we ever wanted to talk about something privately that we didn’t want to appear on television, Shane told us to sing a famous song in the middle of it."

READ MORE:Kirsten Ramsay age: How old is Repair Shop's Kirsten Ramsay?

I'm A Celeb: How stars avoid chats being aired

I'm A Celeb: How stars avoid chats being aired on ITV (Image: ITV)

I'm A Celeb: Victoria Derbyshire

I'm A Celeb: Victoria Derbyshire in 2020's series (Image: ITV)

Delving into why this could stop ITV airing the chat, Victoria added: "Because ITV wouldn’t want to pay for the rights to the track."

Jordan North, who came second in the series, also backed this claim, he said: "Before we went in, we were told not to sing any songs by Queen, The Beatles or Disney because we can't get them cleared."

Both Victoria and Jordan ended up finishing behind last year's Queen of the Castle, Giovanna.

And this year, Ant and Dec have whisked 12 new famous faces to Wales all of whom hope to follow in the author and podcaster's footsteps.

I'm A Celeb:This year's full line-up

I'm A Celeb:This year's full line-up (Image: EXPRESS)

I'm A Celeb: Richard Madeley

I'm A Celeb: Richard Madeley had to leave this year's show (Image: ITV)

However, shockwaves have already been sent through the camp as Richard Madeley has had to cut his time on the show short.

Originally entering as part of the Clink, Richard had been enjoying his stint alongside the likes of Naughty Boy, David Ginola, Danny Miller and Arlene Phillips.

The Clink and Main Camp joined forces on Wednesday as fellow campmates Snoochie Shy, Frankie Bridge, Matty Lee, Kadeena Cox and Louise Minchin welcomed Richard and co to the cosier of two camps.

But on Thursday, the Good Morning Britain star revealed he'd had to withdraw from the show after being admitted to hospital.

DON'T MISS:
Naughty Boy's mum banned from watching 'distressing' I'm A Celebrity
Naughty Boy angers I'm A Celeb fans after breaking conflict promise
Richard Madeley breaks silence as he leaves I'm A Celeb

In a statement released by Richard on Thursday afternoon, he revealed he was "fine" and that his hospital trip was a "precaution".

He said: "Firstly just to say that I’m absolutely fine. I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution. 

"By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid ‘bubble’ and as such I’ve had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp. 

"Obviously, I’m gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one prior

The former This Morning host went on: "I’m incredibly excited to watch their journey continue…even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle.

"Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I’ve made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life."

Richard may have left but the camp has also welcomed two late arrivals in the form of Adam Woodyatt and Simon Gregson.

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! continues on ITV on Thursday at 9pm.




Ads Links by Easy Branches
Play online games for free at games.easybranches.com
Guest Post Services Domain Authority 66 www.easybranches.com/contribute
brand-awarness

ads by Easy Branches